In this beauty, she shared a color resist technique. It takes a few steps but all are easy. Yet, your final result is elegance.
1. Embossed the stamped image from Close To My Heart's April Stamp of the Month with the Versamark Pad and White Daisy Embossing Powder on White Daisy Cardstock.
2. Filled my Spray Pen up to the first line with Chocolate Re-Inker and then to the third line with water.
3. Sprayed the embossed paper lightly with the above mixture until I got the desired look. Hint: if you want a soft look with light spray marks like my card, be sure to hold your spray pen about 6-8 inches away from the paper you are spraying and press the nozzle fast.
4. I used my Heat Gun to dry this quickly.
5. I then used my Waterbrush and picked up color from my Cotton Candy Stamp Pad and my Pear Stamp Pad to color in the flowers.
The Chocolate Cardstock that I used in the background is stamped tone-on-tone with the butterfly image from the stamp set with Chocolate Ink.
For the card: I have been making tons of 3.5" x 8" cards lately. I love these little puppies. Not only do they fit simply in a legal size envelope to mail, they also cut easily from a standard (8.5" x 11") sheet of cardstock. Just cut a 7" x 8" piece and fold in half on the 7" side. You'll have enough cardstock left for stamping on pieces and using them to layer. Cool beans!
She used the April 2011 stamp of the month. You can purchase it or earn it FREE with qualifying purchase on my website http://www.tabatha.myctmh.com/
|April Stamp of the Month|